couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paolo Negri <paolo.ne...@wooga.net>
Subject Re: timeout hitting a database url after launching compaction
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:12:25 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM, CGS <cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just for my curiosity, is this behavior sporadic or it is continuous for the
> full period of compaction?

It's sporadic, we poll the db status every 60 seconds, and we observe
this happening only occasionally my guess is that it depends by the io
load at the exact point in time of the call (io load varies much
during compaction).

--
Engineering
http://www.wooga.com | phone +49-30-8962 5058  | fax +49-30-8964 9064

wooga GmbH | Saarbruecker Str. 38 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin; HRB 117846 B
Registergericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Jens Begemann, Philipp Moeser