couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gregor Martynus <gre...@martynus.net>
Subject same attachment across documents / databases
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:32:30 GMT
I wonder how couchDB stores document attachments internally. In particular,
I'd like to know if I replicate a document with attachments from one
database to another, will the attachments be stored twice internally or will
the couchDB be smart enough to understand that the attachment does already
exist and only needs to link to it?

I hope my question is clear. In my case, each account has an own database
with its own documents. Now documents can be shared between accounts which
will be done using replication. But when attachments would get stored
multiple times although they are exactly the same I fear that it would use
up too much space and eventually slow down replications etc?