couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kismat Sood <Kismat.S...@spacex.com>
Subject RE: Replication Question
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:02:29 GMT
Thank you for the link. Setting it up looks simple, but I can't tell if data is compressed
when it is sent over the network during replication. Any idea where I could find this out?

Thanks again.
Kismat

-----Original Message-----
From: Nils Breunese [mailto:N.Breunese@vpro.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:17 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replication Question

Kismat Sood wrote:

> During replication, is the data being sent from one node to the other compressed? If
so, can anyone point me to any documentation where I can learn more about it (e.g. how to
set it up, what is configurable, and what is going on under the hood).

I don't know what's going on under the hood exactly, but http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication
should tell you all about what you can do with replication.

Nils.
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl