couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux Alternatives for CouchDB
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:38:12 GMT
Hmm... I don't use Windows for CouchDB as I am afraid not to be too
drafty when I relax (joking, of course). Clarke was trying under Cygwin.
For my part, I access CouchDB remotely (cURL or browser, depending on
the purpose of CouchDB - back-end or front-end). For that you need to
change bind_address in /usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini (or
/etc/couchdb/default.ini if you installed it with sysconfig option
enabled). But that is only after installation.

Also, I am using an user (with low permissions on that machine) and not
starting CouchDB as daemon. But that depends on tastes only.

Cheers,
CGS