couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unique constraint in couchdb
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:32:50 GMT
No, you are not missing anything. My point there was how to build the
"constraints" part. Some DB's can be seen as providing a more
straightforward implementation, but that depends only from which angle
you approach the solution. In this case, my solution lays more in
validation (e.g., see http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/validation.html,
especially at the image
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/validation/01.png) than in views. And
this is the constraint part which I was referring to.

Don't get me wrong, I meant no offense when I said it's more about logic
than the tool itself. By logic here I meant just the way you implement
the constraint and not the developer logic. I apologize if that created
any confusion with that.