couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication Question
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:08:36 GMT
I think you can start by deploying your DB files in directories
protected by password (https) and use redirection in your server. Never
tried it.

Cheers,
CGS

On 10/19/2011 11:59 AM, Paul Hirst wrote:
> Hi, I've been trying to read around this on the web but I just can't find an answer which
makes sense to me.

> I would like to build a couch app and I would like to use an existing system to do the
authentication. I can build an interface on this other system to do whatever is required to
make this work (eg some REST thing issue cookies or validate username/password) but I can't
see how I would make couch use this interface.

> If I can avoid it I'd rather not have users really exist in the _users database but if
this is unavoidable maybe I could create them on the fly?