couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Clarke Bishop" <cbis...@resultantsys.com>
Subject FW: Linux Alternatives for CouchDB
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:46:59 GMT
Sam & CGS, I took your advice! I'm going to try to stay with Ubuntu 11.10.

But, I've got spidermonkey problems.

I've been following: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu

I got down to ./configure, and got this error:

configure: error: Could not find the js library.

Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?

Then, I followed CGS' advice and did this:

git clone git://github.com/membase/spidermonkey.git

Now, I've got spidermonkey, but I can't figure out how to install it.

https://developer.mozilla.org/En/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation said to do this:

cd js/src
autoconf-2.13
./configure
Make

But, I don't have a js/src directory. I also don't have autoconf-2.13 installed. Do I need
this?

Thanks for patience and help for all of you. Sorry, I'm so slow with it all!

   Clarke