couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Clarke Bishop" <>
Subject Linux Alternatives for CouchDB
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:57:16 GMT
I am setting up a development environment to learn CouchDB. But, I'm using

I tried Cygwin, but kept running into various problems. So, I decided to
switch to Linux running under VMware. I still think this is the best

I downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu (11.10) and installed it. But,
then I discovered that CouchDB 1.1 support was limited, and I haven't been
able to get CouchDB installed.

Here's my question. What's the best, stable version of Linux for running
CouchDB 1.1? Should I use another version of Ubuntu or another distribution

Thanks for any advice.