couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion: CoffeeScript -> Erlang
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:35:52 GMT
I think a JS-to-Erlang translator would be a pretty complex task; ditto for any alternative
syntax like CS.

Why not use emonk instead? It moves the JS interpreter into the db process, so there's no
IPC or serialization overhead. This is already used on iOS, where we aren't allowed to run
subprocesses.

--Jens