couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dominic Tarr <>
Subject versioning views
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:34:36 GMT

last time I did some couch db development,
I ran into some difficulties managing view versions.

so what I was thinking was, that this time i'll write a tool to manage their

basically, i'll save all the views with an id like: _design/whatever_v1.3.5

then, in my server code (which will be nodejs)

view ('whatever', '~1.2', 'all', function (err, data) {

when I start my server, it will request all views from the server,
decide which which is the latest view that matches a stated range, and use

does this sound like a good idea, or am I mad?

see also:

cheers, Dominic