couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matt Goodall <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Warning: minor incompatability in the 1.1.x branch with map helper functions
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:23:53 GMT
Hi,

I just tested an app against the latest 1.1.x  branch and discovered
something annoying but easily fixable in a view.

I have a view with something like the following for the map part:

    function some_helper() {
      return "blah";
    }

    function(doc) {
      emit(doc._id, some_helper());
    }

Note how the some_helper func is defined *outside* the anonymous map
func. This used to work until the "Fix function evaluation by newer
SpiderMonkey's" commit (61f10e7590bd352b367ad426a56587cbef3700b6) on
27th Sept.

Now, I'm honestly not sure why I have a helper func outside the actual
map func - it certainly looks a bit weird - so I'm going to move it
inside. However, I'm fairly sure I saw that done somewhere else, so I
thought I'd post a quick warning in case it affects anyone else.

- Matt