couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject Re: Using couchdb for analytics
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:51:45 GMT
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Scott Feinberg
<feinberg.scott@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless you can ensure that only one process will be editing the document at
> a time (to ensure that you never end up holding an old revision), your going
> to have issues. I've never tried it, but I'd be under the assumption
> conflict resolution wouldn't work at all.

My favorite way for doing something like that is to use a queue. Your
app stores the analytics transactions in the queue and you have a
consumer that puts them into Couch at its own pace. If you want to do
so with a single thread, then go for it.

--
Sam Bisbee