couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wordit <wordi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android with Remote Couch
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 01:14:52 GMT
I need a bit of help accessing my hosted couch from Android please.
Where should couch.js be? Locally inside the Android app, or on the
remotely hosted server where the db is?

My first XHR query to the couch is to get the session data with
couch.js. I'm getting an Ajax error from jQuery while querying the
couch:

TypeError: Result of expression 'resp' [null] is not an object at
jquery.couch.js:81

I think the javascript files have to be local to the app, but that
means couch.js cannot talk to the remote couch due to cross-domain
restrictions. A local javascript file cannot talk to a remote script.

How are you guys talking to your hosted couch from Android? Are you
using couch.js or another method?

Many Thanks,

Marcus