couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Crash report db_not_found when attempting to replicate databases
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:10:06 GMT
Hello,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Max Ogden <max@maxogden.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> after installing https://github.com/joyent/node and http://npmjs.org/ you
> can simply do
>
> npm install replicate
>
> and then
>
> replicate http://sourcecouch/db http://destinationcouch/db
>
> it will simply return a 'success' message when it completes. there isn't any
> progress monitoring output yet. there also isnt support
> for continuous replication
>
> or alternatively you could write custom node.js code for finer-grained
> behavior.
>
> cheers,

Thank you for this effort I really am glad to see someone placing time
trying to solve some of the replication problems. Our current system
interacts heavily with existing couch api so it looks like
implementing the changes to fall within your design would be a bit of
a architectural shift for us that would need some testing cycles and
such which may not be practical as we are really trying to aim for
stability. However reading a bit about node.js and seeing what you
have done does give make me curious if it would be a good place to
start with a cheaper server wide replication. For now I just may need
to wait till the couchdb developers finish replication improvements
which will hopefully solve some of our growth problems.

Kind Regards,

-Chris