couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Crash report db_not_found when attempting to replicate databases
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:05:39 GMT
Max, Jason, thanks for the reply.
I tried replicating it, and indeed it doesn't work - the replicator
crashes. The reason for this is that there's a document with an empty
ID.

>From the _changes stream:

(.....)
{"seq":3518,"id":"","changes":[{"rev":"1-2f11e026763c10730d8b19ba5dce7565"}]},
(.....)

The possibility of adding a document with an empty ID was bug in
previous Couch releases that was fixed some time ago. Basically the
replicator, or any other client, can't access a document with the
empty ID.

Looking at Mikeal's node.js replicator, it's skipping the document if
its ID is empty:

https://github.com/mikeal/replicate/blob/master/main.js#L122

This seems like a sane solution and something I'm considering adding
to the replicators, skipping the document and logging an error message
to inform users.

--
Filipe David Manana,