couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Manokaran K <manoka...@gmail.com>
Subject filters in _replicator
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 08:50:26 GMT
Hi,

Am trying out the _replicator feature of 1.1.0. In this where should I
define the filters? Should it be in the source db design doc or in the
_replicator db design doc?

I tried to define filters in the _replicator db design doc and invoke it by
specifying "filter" : "_replicator/my_filter" in the doc that I post to the
_replicator. But I get an error - the relevant (I think!!) portion is
appended below:

{error_info,
>                            {exit,
>                             {{badmatch,{error,not_found}},
>                              [{couch_rep,filter_code,3},
>                               {couch_rep,maybe_append_filters,3},
>                               {couch_rep,make_replication_id,2},
>                               {couch_replication_manager,
>                                maybe_start_replication,3},
>                               {couch_replication_manager,handle_call,3},
>                               {gen_server,handle_msg,5},
>                               {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]},
>                             [{gen_server,terminate,6},
>                              {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}},

An example to invoke the replicator with a filter function defined would be
much appreciated.

thanks,
mano

--
Lord, give us the wisdom to utter words that are gentle and tender, for
tomorrow we may have to eat them.