couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: "%2F" problems
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:17:55 GMT
On 17 September 2011 09:40, Kevin R. Coombes <kevin.r.coombes@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to replicate a couch database from one Windows machine to
> another.  Replication halts with an error when it gets to an attachment of
> the design document.  The error message in the (local) log file just before
> the stack dump says
>
> [Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:22:57 GMT] [error] [<0.813.0>] streaming att. ended but
> more data requested {1316,208177,498001}
> [Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:22:57 GMT] [info] [<0.813.0>] request for
> "_design%2Fbasic/docs.html" timed out, retrying in 0.5 seconds
>
> The replication was started by sending a POST to the local machine; I am
> using pull replication from a remote source to the local target. Admins are
> set up on the local machine, and I provided the admin credentials both as
> part of the URL starting the replication and as part of the target URL.
>
> When I use "curl" from the command line on the local machine to request a
> file from the remote machine, the command
>    curl [REMOTEDB]/_design%2Fbasic/docs.html
> returns nothing, while the command
>    curl [REMOTEDB]/_design/basic/docs.html
> returns the correct file.
>
> Clearly, there is something about the encoding of a forward slash as a "%2F"
> that is confusing both me and at least one of the couch instances involved
> in this attempt at replication.
>
> Can someone tell me [1] what is the underlying source of the problem? and
> [2] how do I persuade couch to just replicate the design documents properly?
>
> Thanks,
>    Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I assume you're driving replication via curl, in a cmd.exe shell, and
that things work via futon.

[1] is likely quoting which is not obvious on windows
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Quirks_on_Windows has some examples on
fixing this. Using curl -v should show you what the actual text sent
through to CouchDB is.

[2] depending on whether you're running in admin party or not, you may
need to include username:password@couch for ddocs to replicate.

A+
Dave