couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gert Cuykens <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _show functions
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 19:34:03 GMT
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Sean Copenhaver
<sean.copenhaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) To my knowledge you don't have any control over this... but I want to say there is
a discussion or some work being done to allow for more control over ETag generation. I had
originally thought a _show function's ETag was simply the document's (based on revision hash
I think) but the Wiki shows it's a bit more complex then that:

> https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List#ETags

I need the original ETag in the header for conflicts like with all
other non show documents

it off the document. Something like http://server/db/docid/attachmentid

> Are you trying to embed an attachment's data into the _show's results? I don't think
that is possible as you are only given access to the document requested which will only have
the attachment stubs.

Yes, making attachments more dynamic but I can program around it. Not important.