couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rajkumar S <rajkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Random OS Process Error
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:02:55 GMT
Hi,

I am using CouchDB 1.1.0 on a Debian Lenny server with a database of
around 1GB. It contains about 130973 docs with each about 1k in size.
The DB contains about 5 views. I was running 0.11.0 since it's
release, but couple of weeks back I started getting timeout errors.

[Wed, 07 Sep 2011 06:41:15 GMT] [error] [<0.13030.70>] Uncaught error
in HTTP request: {exit,
                                 {timeout,
                                  {gen_server,call,
                                   [couch_view,
                                    {get_group_server,<<"cdb_201108">>,
                                     {group,
                                      <<196,228,155,127,61,89,135,231,11,81,
                                        162,8,104,14,145,192>>,
                                      nil,nil,<<"_design/processing">>,
                                      <<"javascript">>,[],
                                      [{view,0,
                                        [<<"unprocessed">>],
                                        <<"function(doc) {}">>,
                                        nil,[],[]}],
                                      nil,0,0,nil,nil}}]}}}

[Wed, 07 Sep 2011 06:41:15 GMT] [info] [<0.13030.70>] Stacktrace:
[{gen_server,call,2},
             {couch_view,get_group_server,2},
             {couch_view,get_group,3},
             {couch_view,get_map_view,4},
             {couch_httpd_view,design_doc_view,5},
             {couch_httpd_db,do_db_req,2},
             {couch_httpd,handle_request_int,5},
             {mochiweb_http,headers,5}]

There was no change in the environment I could remember to which I
could attribute such an error. So I thought I will upgrade the CouchDB
and check if that resolves this issue. Even after upgrading (for which
there was some issues due to old libraries being present, but finally
I was able to get every thing running) I am getting random OS Process
Error in the logs and views fail. These error do not happen every
time, but once it happens I restart the CouchDB and every thing runs
fine for about half hour of so. I have pasted (some what sanitised)
logs at http://pastebin.ca/2082939

A Google search does not bring up any similar error situation from
this list or any other sources and hence this mail to the list.  Pl
let me know if any additional information is required to pinpoint this
issue. Any help to resolve this will be much appreciated.

with regards,

raj