couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: Declarative validation of recursive documents
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 05:16:25 GMT
> Is this sort of thing useful?

I don't think I would find it useful because of my couch coding philosophy.
 I write "hardened" code such that any document can have any garbage and the
code does the best it can and fails gracefully.  I allow partial documents
that are "unfinished".  I find this approach to be a refreshing change from
structured DBs and kind of matches the nosql philosophy.  So ensuring
correctness at the doc level would not be a match for my usage.

I do realize that many coders would be horrified by my approach.