couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: Android with Remote Couch
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:03:08 GMT
Putting couch.js on the server wouldn't bypass the cross-domain problem.

I would suggest ignoring anything mobile and seeing how a web page would
bypass the cross-domain problem to get to CouchDB, since that's the problem
you're having (just that it's a mobile web page). IIRC, there was a
discussion on this list about it, and someone wrote a Node.js proxy for it,
but I only vaguely remember it.

Also, sometimes PhoneGap will bypass the cross-domain restriction. For
example, on iOS 4, you can get remote JSON all day long, but on iOS 3, you
have to use JSONP.

---
Keith Gable
A+ Certified Professional