couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Leonhardt Wille <wi...@emma-mobil.de>
Subject CouchDB 1.1.0 crashes when creating database
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:27:17 GMT
 I can't get CouchDB 1.1.0 to work, even creating a new database doesn't work.
I built CouchDB from the official 1.1.0 source on Debian Squeeze and installed with ./configure
prefix= (to make a system-wide installation). CouchDB 1.0.3 (installed in a different prefix)
is working fine.

CouchDB log shows the following error, any advice?

> [info] [<0.140.0>] 31.17.109.152 - - 'PUT' /articles/ 201
> [error] [<0.140.0>] Uncaught error in HTTP request: {error,einval}
> [info] [<0.140.0>] Stacktrace: [{erlang,open_port,
>  [{spawn,"couch_icu_driver"},[]]},
>  {couch_util,drv_port,0},
>  {couch_util,collate,3},
>  {couch_view,less_json,2},
>  {couch_httpd_view,warn_on_empty_key_range,1},
>  {couch_httpd_view,parse_view_params,3},
>  {couch_httpd_db,all_docs_view,3},
>  {couch_httpd_db,do_db_req,2}]

output of ./configure:

> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
> checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
> checking for sys/types.h... yes
> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
> checking for stdlib.h... yes
> checking for string.h... yes
> checking for memory.h... yes
> checking for strings.h... yes
> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking minix/config.h usability... no
> checking minix/config.h presence... no
> checking for minix/config.h... no
> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
> checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
> checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
> checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
> checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
> checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
> checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
> checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
> checking for objdump... objdump
> checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for strip... strip
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
> checking for dlfcn.h... yes
> checking for objdir... .libs
> checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
> checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
> checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
> checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
> checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries...
yes
> [...]
> checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... yes
> checking jsapi.h usability... yes
> checking jsapi.h presence... yes
> checking for jsapi.h... yes
> checking for icu-config... /usr/bin/icu-config
> checking for ICU >= 3.4.1... yes
> checking ICU_CFLAGS... -g -Wall -O2 -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
> checking ICU_CXXFLAGS... -g -Wall -O2 -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
-Wno-long-long
> checking ICU_LIBS... -ldl -lm  -L/usr/lib -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -ldl -lm
> checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
> checking for curl >= 7.18.0... yes
> checking CURL_CFLAGS...
> checking CURL_LIBS... -lcurl
> checking for erl... /usr/bin/erl
> checking for erlc... /usr/bin/erlc
> checking erl_driver.h usability... yes
> checking erl_driver.h presence... yes
> checking for erl_driver.h... yes
> checking for help2man... no
> configure: WARNING: You will be unable to regenerate any man pages.
> checking location of init directory... ${sysconfdir}/init.d
> checking location of launchd directory... not found
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating bin/couchjs.tpl
> config.status: creating bin/couchdb.tpl
> config.status: creating bin/couchdb.bat.tpl
> config.status: creating bin/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/couchdb/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/couchdb/default.ini.tpl
> config.status: creating etc/default/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/init/couchdb.tpl
> config.status: creating etc/init/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/launchd/org.apache.couchdb.plist.tpl
> config.status: creating etc/launchd/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/logrotate.d/couchdb.tpl
> config.status: creating etc/logrotate.d/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/windows/Makefile
> config.status: creating etc/Makefile
> config.status: creating share/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/couchdb/couch.app.tpl
> config.status: creating src/couchdb/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/couchdb/priv/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/erlang-oauth/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/etap/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/ibrowse/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/mochiweb/Makefile
> config.status: creating test/Makefile
> config.status: creating test/bench/Makefile
> config.status: creating test/etap/Makefile
> config.status: creating test/etap/test_util.erl
> config.status: creating test/javascript/Makefile
> config.status: creating test/view_server/Makefile
> config.status: creating utils/Makefile
> config.status: creating var/Makefile
> config.status: creating config.h
> config.status: config.h is unchanged
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
> config.status: executing libtool commands
>
> You have configured Apache CouchDB, time to relax.
>
> Run `make && sudo make install' to install.
With kind regards
--
Leonhardt Wille