couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tillmann Seidel <tsei...@eclipsesource.com>
Subject Data corruption problem with attachments
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:53:22 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with data corruption on CouchDB. I'm creating documents with attachments
using PUT requests in CouchDB 1.0.2 . Once in a while it happens that a stored document is
corrupt, i.e. an attachment is truncated or has no data at all.  CouchDB does not return an
error though when the document is created.

The description of COUCHDB-558 makes me think that this is a problem that's not unheard of:

"We could detect in-flight data corruption if a client sends a Content-MD5 header along with
the data and Couch validates the MD5 on arrival."

Now my question is: what might cause such an in-flight data corruption? And what could I do
to prevent it? Or if I cannot prevent it, can I at least make CouchDB detect it during creation?

Thanks in advance
Tillmann