couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Moloney <Christopher.Molo...@spacex.com>
Subject CouchDB and Data Compression with Snappy
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:58:59 GMT
Hello,

I am considering CouchDB for a project at work. One of the requirements is data compression.

I have found this ticket on Snappy Compression for CouchDB: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1120

>From the ticket it appears that Snappy was added to the trunk in May. And if I understand
the ticket, it will be released with version 1.2 of CouchDB. Is that correct?

Can someone direct me to more documentation on this? I would like to see if the data is compressed
when written to disk, and whether it is compressed when replicating over the network?

Where can I download the trunk version? I did not see a link on the download page: http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html

Thanks,

Chris