couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB cookie from outside CouchDB
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:42:43 GMT
First of all, thank you Dale for your answer. Still, the problem is more
complex than I anticipated.

I am using YAWS as web server and it doesn't support proxy, so, I have
to use two different ports for the two (CouchDB and YAWS). Methods I
have tried:
1. $.ajax() - error: not allowed cross-domain data transfer via
JavaScript (both IP and port should match exactly for both origin and
target), so, even if correct authentication, no cookie.
2. form action pointing to
server_name:5984/_session?next=/path_to_attachment/back.html - error: if
the authentication fails (incorrect username/password), the "next" is no
longer taken (back.html contains only window.location which redirects
back to YAWS), but it goes back if the authentication doesn't fail.

I would appreciate any idea related to how to solve any of these errors.
Thank you.

Cheers,
CGS