couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Leddy <m...@loop.com.br>
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:39:04 GMT
Hello,

I've been experimenting with trunk and the new compaction daemon,
and discovered that some of my larger views were never being fully
compacted.

Basically I am encountering a large number of these situations:

[Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:24:46 GMT] [info] [<0.173.0>] Shutting down view group server,
monitored db is closing.
[Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:24:46 GMT] [error] [<0.155.0>] Compaction daemon - an error ocurred
while compacting the view group `base` from database `XXXX-1301529600-1303948799`: shutdown

I suspect that since I have a large number of other smaller databases
(approx 2500) that are constantly being updated there is a constant
stream of databases being closed as a result of least recently used
recovery - I currently have max_open_dbs at 500.

This does not affect database compaction as a database is never
considered idle when compacting.

Consequently the larger views are shutdown before completion. Also,
when a new attempt to re-compact is processed the partially complete
*.compact.view file is truncated. As a result these large views
never get fully compacted.

If the view group compaction continued where it left off I guess
the impact would be minimal.

Has anyone else seen this ?

Regards,

Mike