couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Scott Feinberg <feinberg.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues using 1.1's replication
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:44:01 GMT
"user_ctx": {
       "name": "adminuser",
       "role": "[\"_admin\"]"
   },
   "_replication_state": "error",
   "_replication_state_time": "2011-08-30T15:09:03+00:00",
   "_replication_id": "08fd9d6dcc5a0882fc9fd0d971b05938"
}

I've tried with user_ctx formatted the following ways-but haven't found the
magic combo.

"user_ctx": {
       "name": "adminuser",
       "role": "[\"_admin\"]"
   },

"user_ctx": {
       "name": "adminuser",
       "role": "["_admin"]"
   },
"user_ctx": {
       "name": "adminuser",
       "role": ["_admin"]
   },

"user_ctx": {
       "role": ["_admin"]
   },

For some reason, I can't get my replicator to work. The log continues to show
"unauthorized to access database", referring to my localhost. I know I need to
have user_ctx set, but for some reason it just doesn't like to work. I copied
the info out of my source. I even created new admin users to try and fix the
problem, none worked. Do I need to specify more roles for the user?

The other has a good resource https://gist.github.com/832610, but the user_ctx
he set's in the example isn't the admin user, the appear to just be random
roles.

Anyone have any experience with the CouchDB replicating to the localhost?

Thanks,

--Scott