couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Server Error 500 unknown query language, python
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:04:01 GMT

On Aug 31, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Ben Hunter wrote:

I am merely running through some of the exercises in 'Mining the Social
Web'. All the programs that store data to CouchDB work fine, but when the
couchdb module is used to create a view, it throws 'Server error 500 unknown
query language python’.

As far as I know, CouchDB doesn’t support writing view functions in Python, only JavaScript
and Erlang. Unless there’s an external view server that implements this; but that’s not
a standard part of CouchDB, rather something extra you’d have to install. Maybe double-check
the installation/setup instructions in the book?

—Jens