couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MVCC and update locking
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:03:20 GMT
To my understanding each read pulls from the last good MVCC
checkpoint/revision/what-have-you so there are no read locks due to writes.
Nor do any reads lock other reads. Then each write on a single file are done
serially so there are no write locks.

I believe each database and each view are in their own separate file so they
can all be written to concurrently. Not positive on that though.

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ -Ludwig von
Wittgenstein