couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use the changes feed with a view as filter
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:17:45 GMT
Oh wow, I was unaware that you could filter by view. The code indeed makes
it look that way. I'm not sure which release this was done in though, or if
you would need to build from latest source.

Anyway, the code makes me think the request would be more like this:
GET
http://myaccount.iriscouch.com/mydb/_change?filter=_view&view=_design/mydb/_view/my_view

I get that from here:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_changes.erl#L144

Looks like those function clauses are to define the different built in
filters plus the last one to catch custom ones. The one on that line looks
like what you are after and it's expecting a 'view' query string parameter I
think.

I believe the _design filter is to monitor for when a design document
changes and not to filter by a function inside of it. I don't have anything
setup to test this though.

Hopefully someone with not knowledge is able to confirm this and which
release this was in.

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ -Ludwig von
Wittgenstein