couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Torres <ptorres...@gmail.com>
Subject GeoCouch & CouchDB newbie install Q
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:40:12 GMT
I installed from source CouchdDB 1.1.0 (from
http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html) on a Debian desktop running
Squeeze. I created the couchdb user and group, changed ownership of a
few files as per http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/source.html. I ran the
tests in Futon and everything works ok. So far so good.

I downloaded (from https://github.com/couchbase/geocouch), compiled,
and otherwise followed instructions to install GeoCouch. Using Futon I
ran the tests in the testsuite. They all pass again, except for the
tests relating to GeoCouch, which all fail.

The instructions for GeoCouch are very simple. What am I missing? I
noticed several branches in the git repository. Am I using the wrong
one? But I already tried the 4 latest tagged versions, and nothing
works.

Below are the details of my failed tests.  Any help would be much appreciated.

-Paul

Failed tests:
list_spatial    error   276ms

   Run with debugger
   Assertion 'xhr.status == 200, "standard get should be 200"'
failed: standard get should be 200
   Assertion failed: /head9876543210tail/.test(xhr.responseText)
   Assertion failed: xhr.status == 304
   Assertion 'xhr.status == 200, "standard get should be 200"'
failed: standard get should be 200
   Exception raised: {}

etags_spatial   failure 1868ms

   Run with debugger
   Assertion failed: xhr.status == 200
   Assertion failed: xhr.status == 304
   Assertion failed: etag1 != etag2
   Assertion failed: etag1 != etag

multiple_spatial_rows   error   264ms

   Run with debugger
   Exception raised: {}

spatial_compaction      error   285ms

   Run with debugger
   Exception raised: {}

spatial_design_docs     error   175ms

   Run with debugger
   Assertion failed: expected '"spatial"', got 'null'
   Exception raised: {}

spatial_bugfixes        failure 3618ms

   Run with debugger
   Assertion 'Should return all inserted documents' failed: expected
   Assertion 'Should return all inserted documents' failed: expected

spatial error   3259ms

   Run with debugger
   Exception raised: {}