couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ben Hunter <bjameshun...@gmail.com>
Subject Server Error 500 unknown query language, python
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:29:50 GMT
I am still quite new in learning CouchDB and have come to a complete
standstill due to this server error.

I am merely running through some of the exercises in 'Mining the Social
Web'. All the programs that store data to CouchDB work fine, but when the
couchdb module is used to create a view, it throws 'Server error 500 unknown
query language python'. The same program will complete if I specify
'language = 'javascript'' within the python ViewDefinition function, but it
returns a view with proper headers and no data.

Also, the test suite runs fine except for the 'Attachments' test. This fails
in Firefox and doesn't finish in Chromium.

I am on a new install of Ubuntu 11.04, using Couchdb 1.0.1. If this is not
enough information please let me know.

Thanks.