couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug or my lack of understanding? "Reduce output must shrink more rapidly"
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:13:13 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for your response Marcello,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Marcello Nuccio
<marcello.nuccio@gmail.com> wrote:

> It says: "SMALL, fixed-size...".

I think it has nothing to do with size, if my documents were 1MB and I
made a 750KB view structure, everything is fine, so "small" here
really means, smaller then the first document you scan... from my
testing anyways.

> How do you lookup documents? By the key "result"?
> Can you emit a value for each data key ("C003089", "C006990", ...)
> then use group_level query parameter to collect statistics?

I think this isn't a option as the same view is called without a
reduce to efficiently fetch the docs. Also when I do reduce, I need
every key. I am sure I could redesign but we now have thousands of
customers with these views and a lot of lines of application code that
would need changed, at this point.. it's not reasonable.

Kind Regards,

-Chris