couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Cheng <johnlich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB performance
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 04:18:56 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:18 PM, John Cheng <johnlicheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> > same kind of behavior that I've observed. It could help uncover some
> > unexpected performance regression in v 1.10.0.
>
> Have you tried setting server's socket options, in the .ini config, as
> I suggested before? (setting nodelay to true)

You know I really thought I had tried that last night without seeing a
difference. I just tried it again right now and saw that was indeed the
source of my problem. Boy do I feel embarrassed right now.

Thank you for your patience!

Just for the record, this is the setting

socket_options = [{recbuf, 262144}, {sndbuf, 262144}, {nodelay, true}]

In default.ini it is commented out, and I assume by default nodelay is set
to false.