couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Server Error 500 unknown query language, python
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:41:24 GMT
On 1 September 2011 10:29, Ben Hunter <bjameshunter@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still quite new in learning CouchDB and have come to a complete
> standstill due to this server error.
>
> I am merely running through some of the exercises in 'Mining the Social
> Web'. All the programs that store data to CouchDB work fine, but when the
> couchdb module is used to create a view, it throws 'Server error 500 unknown
> query language python'. The same program will complete if I specify
> 'language = 'javascript'' within the python ViewDefinition function, but it
> returns a view with proper headers and no data.
>
> Also, the test suite runs fine except for the 'Attachments' test. This fails
> in Firefox and doesn't finish in Chromium.
>
> I am on a new install of Ubuntu 11.04, using Couchdb 1.0.1. If this is not
> enough information please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Ben

I tried this a while back using perl so same principles should apply.

First step is confirming a basic script runs under sudo -s -u couchdb
with interpreter, permissions & modules found correctly.
Then check your view server piping in basic tests over stdin/stdout
referring to http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_server

I'm sure your python is better than mine; the most common hurdle is
not having permissions set up for the couchdb user to run python
interpreter & your script, or missing modules such as JSON
encoder/decoders.

A+
Dave