couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gert Cuykens <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: url rev=x overwrite document _rev:y
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:38:24 GMT
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Gert Cuykens wrote:
>
> Yes, exactly it will tremendously improve and shorten my client code.
>
> Tremendously? I ran into this issue as well when writing my own client library [CouchCocoa]
but it was pretty easy to work around by simply inserting a _rev key into the JSON before
writing it into the HTTP request. I think it added three or four lines of Objective-C code
to my method that saves documents.

> Can you implement this in the development branch pleas.
>
> Sorry, I don’t work on the implementation of CouchDB itself. You should file a bug/enhancement
request.

> —Jens

I also suggest _id get replaced by the url too, but that is currently
happening already as far as I can test. I strongly believe json bodies
like this should never contain _id's and _rev's
I will try to submit this at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB thanks. Never the less
the same should also apply too couchbase :)