couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Anh <7za...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: binaries for OSX ?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:04:17 GMT
This thread highlights the value in "official" CouchDB binaries for OSX.

CouchDBX met that need very well, but CouchBase does not (sorry).

It's nice on its own, but when your shop uses CouchDB, CouchDBX was
very, very convenient to point developers to use the "same" Couch
version on their local boxes.
Plus, the .app+futon trappings make for a nice Mac user convenience.

I very much wish someone more knowledgable of CouchDB/Mac builds would
take on keeping CouchDBX up to date.
Pretty please with sugar on it.

<mist@lavabit.com<mailto:mist@lavabit.com>> wrote:

> That would be fantastic -- I hope you get time to continue that work and
> let us know about the result :)
>
> Anyone want to help? It’s mostly some wrangling of the build settings in the iOS-Couchbase
projects. The next task seems to be to make a bridge to JavaScriptCore, i.e. alter emonk to
call JSC instead of SpiderMonkey.