couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject UnQL
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:21:55 GMT
I'm kind of surprised that there has been no mention of UnQL on this mailing
list, especially since the creator of couch was one of the two "inventors".
 Also UnQL adoption would obviously have a big impact on CouchDB.

I'll throw out my 2 bits, fwiw ...

I haven't got any good arguments yet, but I feel having a text-based
SQL-like language for couch would be a big step backwards.  I do feel couch
needs to expand it's query capabilities, and I trust it will.  But I would
imagine the solution to be more modern than the old process of building up a
query text string and sending it off.  Maybe it is just an emotional
reaction after all the years of hating the impedance mismatch of the SQL
language and all the languages I had to use it in.