couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: conflict determination not by fields
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:55:27 GMT
He is just expressing a desire to have the feature.  He originally
thought it might have one like GIT.  You don't have to question his
motives.

I want the feature of having a script to resolve the conflicts.  That
feature never occurred to me before.  It would be similar in function
to an update script.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2011, at 10:26 PM, gaoyong pan wrote:
>
> Above is copied from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-master_replication, couchdb is not
> responsible to resolve the conflict, you may see many multiple masters
> replication enabled DBMS support resolving the conflict and it is
> configurable.
>
> Yes, that’s essentially what you’re building when you create an app with CouchDB.
I disagree that CouchDB by itself is such a system.

> Honestly, I don’t understand your point. Are you insisting that CouchDB already has
this feature and we’re just not telling you about it? Or that CouchDB is useless without
this feature and the people using it are deluded? Or are you just totally opposed to using
any system that isn’t going to do all the work of conflict resolution for you? Or are you
just arguing for fun?