couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: url rev=x overwrite document _rev:y
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:33:36 GMT
I guess I don't understand.  All I can say is that in general you
cannot change the _rev of a doc.  The rev includes a hash of the doc.

If you want to make sure you don't get a conflict, then you will need
to first GET the old doc and use the _rev of that old doc.  I do that
in a loop doing a PUT over and over until I get no conflict.  Of
course it usually works on the first PUT and no GET is needed.