couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The if-match header
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:00:54 GMT
CouchDB will respond with a 100 response if sent an Expect:
100-continue header but it will still consume the body before
returning the real status code (whether 201 or 409).

B.

On 18 August 2011 23:08, John Cheng <johnlicheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! I've been doing a bit of testing with "Expect: 100-continue"
> and passing revision id in the header. I was expecting that this would
> allow CouchDB to detect conflicts without the client having to send
> data. But I'm not seeing much of a difference. Does CouchDB wait for
> the client to send the whole document before responding whether there
> was a conflict or not?
>

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> That's core CouchDB.
>>
>> On 18 August 2011 21:46, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Aug 18, 2011, at 1:41 PM, John Cheng wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if this is unique to couchbase?
>>>
>>> The If-Match: / If-None-Match: / ETag: headers, and the algorithm for rejecting
conflicting updates by comparing eTags, are fundamental parts of HTTP 1.1. And they’re used
by a lot of REST APIs, like the Atom Publishing Protocol, and by WebDAV.