couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB performance
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 02:49:00 GMT

On Aug 16, 2011, at 5:08 PM, John Cheng wrote:

was the bottleneck? It also points out that client code for CouchDB
access may not be easy to implement (I'm not familiar with the
equivalent of java.nio API in Python, for example). It makes me
hesitant to recommend using Python with CouchDB right now.

Why? Asynchrony isn’t rocket science, and last I checked you could do asynchronous (or multithreaded)
HTTP access in Python. (Isn’t the Twisted framework all about async networking?)

BTW, are you using the bulk-insert API or sending a separate HTTP request for every document?

—Jens