couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: conflict determination not by fields
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:51:08 GMT

On Aug 30, 2011, at 10:26 PM, gaoyong pan wrote:

Above is copied from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-master_replication, couchdb is not
responsible to resolve the conflict, you may see many multiple masters
replication enabled DBMS support resolving the conflict and it is
configurable.

Yes, that’s essentially what you’re building when you create an app with CouchDB. I disagree
that CouchDB by itself is such a system.

Honestly, I don’t understand your point. Are you insisting that CouchDB already has this
feature and we’re just not telling you about it? Or that CouchDB is useless without this
feature and the people using it are deluded? Or are you just totally opposed to using any
system that isn’t going to do all the work of conflict resolution for you? Or are you just
arguing for fun?

—Jens