couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: Kill/exit of thread during pull replication
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:29:44 GMT
Hi Felipe,

Subsequent replication operations have been created and run to completion without the error.
These first few replications, the ones that triggered errors, were the first ever actions
on a freshly-built, completely empty CouchDB instance.

I haven't gone through it line-by-line, but yes, it seems the replication completed without
much more error.

There are more errors, but all very much within the first 3 minutes of the server being started
and the replications being started on it.

I'm not sure which errors are recurrent, but I can go through each stack and see which are
repeated.

I've POSTed further pull replications to the _replicator database, and they've run and completed
without error.

Martin

On 23 Aug 2011, at 19:11, Filipe David Manana wrote:

> Martin,
>
> can I ask you to try to POST to /_replicate (instead of the
> _replicator database) and see if it gets better?
>
> Looking at your document, it seems the replication completed, despite
> the stack trace. Is it true?
>
> thanks
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Hi Filipe,
>>
>> Sorry, I'm no good at deciphering ERLang stack traces, what bits am I missing? I
could post my entire log file, but I think that'd be overkill...

>> I've updated the same Gist (https://gist.github.com/1165822) with as full a trace
as I can decipher from the first instance of the error.

>> I started the replication by POSTing to _replicator, the document is here: https://gist.github.com/1165982
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 23 Aug 2011, at 18:40, Filipe David Manana wrote:
>>
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> can you paste the full stack trace and how have you triggered the
>>> replication (object/document)?

from our production server to test some bits locally.