couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com>
Subject Re: Remove field from view
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:20:47 GMT
A view, as its name implies is a read-only view of the underlying data. You can omit emitting
`c` in the view, but all that will mean that it will not be included in the view itself (either
as its key or its value), but it will still exist in the underlying documents.

You could potentially emit the whole document MINUS the `c` field as part of the view, but
it would result in a huge view, whereas usually you would just use `include_docs=true` parameter
to query the document itself along with the view.

Maybe you could explain what exactly you're trying to achieve in further detail?

Gabor