couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Holger Protzek <h.prot...@gmx.de>
Subject couchdb sync with dropbox?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:10:41 GMT
Hi,

I would like to use couchdb on a android and a ios application, to store alle data locally
in the database. So long no problem, but I would also like to sync these couchdb databases.

As far as I know, this can be acomplished with a central couchdb server instance, but I would
like  to use for the syncronisation/replication a dropbox account.

Is this possible? or only a bad idea :-)

One solution in my mind, is to create for every document in the couchdb, a json file in the
dropbox, with uuid as filename. On programm start I check for new files in the dropbox. So
new or updated documents will be merged in the local database.

For example the password manager 1password can use dropbox as a backend, for every entry it
creates a file in the dropbox and on startup it checks for new and updated entries in the
dropbox.

Any ideas or sugesstions?
Thanks,
Holger