couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: conflict determination not by fields
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 04:20:53 GMT

On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:02 PM, gaoyong pan wrote:

I updated the same document in two previously replicated and identical
DB, by updating two different fields, after replication, they are in
conflicted status, I want to know if this is a bug of couchdb?

No, that’s correct behavior. You made different changes to each instance of the document,
so now they are in conflict. CouchDB doesn’t try to merge individual fields in a document;
it leaves that up to you (because it often requires app-specific logic to do properly.)

—Jens