couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Re: Documents not added if bind address != used host
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:38:34 GMT
Hi,

Incredible. I somehow managed to start two instances running on the same port
with a different bind address?!?

There's only one log file and the test DB isn't listed in
/var/lib/couchdb/0.11.0. Yet i can query the test DB using localhost but not
using the FQDN.

I've an import running on the FQDN now so when it's finished i'll stop/kill
all instances. Using lsof i now see the test DB as test.couch (deleted).

Is it considered a feature to be able to end up in this mess - starting two
instances but getting different data depending on bind address? I now remember
that the restart of the first running couch on localhost failed and actually
expected it to continue gracefully. It didn't stop the first running couch but
did start the second on the new bind address.

Thanks