couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jeroen van Dijk <jeroentjevand...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use the changes feed with a view as filter
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:32:56 GMT
I've tried to run the changes feed on a specific view, but so far I haven't succeeded. I'm
only able to use the 'doc_ids' filter, but I can't filter using a view.

I've tried the following requests (using IrisCouch, couchdb version 1.1):

    GET http://myaccount.iriscouch.com/mydb/_changes?filter=_doc_ids&doc_ids=["_design/mydb/_view/my_view]
    GET http://myaccount.iriscouch.com/mydb/_changes?filter=_design&design=_design/mydb/_view/my_view

Both give me the same result whereas I would expect the 'filter=_design'  to give me the result
of the map function and not the changes of the design document itself. The second request
also works without the design parameter:

    GET http://myaccount.iriscouch.com/mydb/_changes?filter=_design

I think that also indicates I am doing something wrong. Anyone knows how to get this working?

Thanks,

Jeroen

NB. My Erlang is not good enough to understand what exactly happens here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.1.0/src/couchdb/couch_changes.erl