couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: url rev=x overwrite document _rev:y
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:22:26 GMT

On Aug 31, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Gert Cuykens wrote:

Yes, exactly it will tremendously improve and shorten my client code.

Tremendously? I ran into this issue as well when writing my own client library [CouchCocoa]
but it was pretty easy to work around by simply inserting a _rev key into the JSON before
writing it into the HTTP request. I think it added three or four lines of Objective-C code
to my method that saves documents.

Can you implement this in the development branch pleas.

Sorry, I don’t work on the implementation of CouchDB itself. You should file a bug/enhancement
request.

—Jens